More often than not, many makeup artists in Avon by the Sea NJ 07717 that aspire to improve their knowledge and skills in makeup application would want to enroll in a reputable makeup school. But since makeup schools are highly specialized, only a few people know about their existence and can vouch for their reputation. And so the question remains, which makeup school is best?
Yes, choosing a makeup school in Avon by the Sea NJ 07717 is your personal decision. However, there are guiding and important factors that one must consider in choosing the most suitable school to cater for what you need. To give you a wide array of choices, the following is a list of makeup schools in North America and across the globe.
Blanche Macdonald Centre for Applied Design (Vancouver)
Cinema Makeup School (Los Angeles, California)
Complections International Academy (Toronto, Ontario)
Empire Academy of Makeup (Costa Mesa, California)
Joe Blasco Makeup School (Hollywood, California and Orlando, Florida)
Make-up Designory or MUD (Los Angeles and New York)
The Studio Makeup Academy (Los Angeles)
Tobi Britton’s Makeup Shop (New York)
Westmore Academy of Cosmetic Arts (Hollywood, California)
And here are a handful of questions that you might want to ask and inquire about each makeup school listed above before deciding which school you should attend:
• What distinguishes the school from others?
• Does the school specialize in specific area such as special effects makeup artistry or cosmetics?
• Is the school’s curriculum comprehensive in all disciplines of makeup artistry?
• Does the school have an updated curriculum? If yes, when was the most recent update? Does the school include new technology in its update? What particular technology does it accommodate? For example, HDTV, airbrushing, WorldWideWeb, etc.
• Does the school in Avon by the Sea NJ 07717 offer on-site laboratories for after hour and between classes practice? If yes, how much extra help is being offered and charged?
• Does the school provide business training for freelance makeup artists? If yes, what kind?
• What is the track record of the school’s instructors? Are they fresh graduates? Are they working professionals? Do they have current working experience? Have they been out of the field for a long time? Do they have current experience with today’s makeup techniques?
• Does the school prepare its students to be set-ready?
• Does the school have any brand preference or recommendation for specific uses?
• How big are the classes in Avon by the Sea NJ 07717? How many students does the school accept for each class? Do they provide one-on-one consultation?
• Does the makeup school in Avon by the Sea NJ 07717 provide valuable support for internships and job placement? Will the school help you look and land for a job?
In case these things still don’t give you that much information about which makeup school you should attend, why not try asking past graduates. I bet they have more valuable facts that they can impart to you. So, good luck!